New Adult Faith Formation Opportunity!
Bible Study of Weekend Readings!
Come join Brian Jens and Fr. Chuck Schramm as we dive deeper into the upcoming weekend readings!
Every Thursday starting September 17th from 6:30 – 8:00 pm Brian Jens and Fr. Chuck Schramm will host a Zoom meeting to learn and discuss what our upcoming weekend readings are and what insights we can gain from them.
- Form Yourself as a Disciple of Jesus – The overall goal of these sessions, as is in all of our Adult Faith Formation programs, is to form disciples or dynamic followers of Jesus Christ. Reading the Bible is one of the most powerful ways we encounter Jesus. Scripture allows us to hear the voice of God through his written word.
- Apply Scripture to Your Daily Life – Another goal of these sessions is to help people grow in the skill of interpreting Scripture and applying it to daily life. Reading Scripture can be intimidating. Where do I start? How do I make sense of all the things that I read about? How do I know I am reading these passages correctly? Our approach and the tools that are used for this Bible study will allow any person, no matter their faith level or Bible knowledge, to gradually grow in learning how to interpret Scripture correctly and apply it to your life.
- Grow in Your Prayer Life – Every session will engage the participants in utilizing a common prayer form called Lectio Divina. This prayer process allows an individual to take passages from Scripture and learn how to pray with Scripture. Thus individuals will grow in their knowledge of Scripture while also deepening their prayer life.
- Connection to Mass! – using the Sunday readings gives us a great place to begin and it makes us more active during the Mass. When you spend time reading the weekend Scriptures you will already be engaged in the Mass and it will allow you to pray more deeply. Plus you will see how the readings are connected in the rest of the words of Mass including the prayers and songs.
- Act on Your Faith – Finally, in these sessions, our hope is that these readings will inspire you to live out your faith in new and invigorating ways. In our booklet, we feature a special section on action by asking: What is one action I can do to live out the
How do I register for these Zoom meetings?
All participants must RSVP and can do so in two ways.
- 1 – sign up via our sign-up genius. To sign up for the upcoming sessions click HERE.
- 2 – You can also sign-up for these sessions by calling Brian Jens and registering via phone at – 414-982-2406.
What Will I Need to Participate?
- If participants want to partake in the session by video they need to create a Zoom account. You can create a Zoom account by visiting the website zoom.us. Accounts are free to make but will require an email and password.
- Participants can also participate by phone by calling a specific number. The phone number for each meeting will be emailed to the group or given over the phone by Brian Jens.
- A copy of the readings for the upcoming weekend. You can get a copy of the upcoming readings by using your own personal Bible, by using our premade Bible reading journals, or by visiting the USCCB (United States Conference of Catholic Bishops) website: https://bible.usccb.org/
- To aid in the discussion Brian Jens and Fr. Chuck created a monthly Bible Reading Journal which includes the readings for each upcoming weekend readings, commentary on each reading, and space to the journal for each day of the week. To request this journal please call Brian Jens at the Parish Office at 414-982-2406. The Bible Reading Journal is FREE to all participants. Plus even if you can’t join us during the Zoom meeting this journal can be used for personal study as well! See a PDF version of the journal below.